Are you not pregnant yet and wondering if it might be his fault? One-third of the time it is due to the man, and one-third of the time it is both partners. Yes, that leaves only one-third as her problem.
Guys usually assume it is not their fault, or at least hope it is not. They often want to avoid the potential embarrassment of seeing a doctor and what that might entail. It may be a independent relief to know that cheap nba jerseys you can do a home sperm test first and see what that shows.
First, there are a few facts about testing sperm that you should understand. A semen analysis done by your doctor will evaluate all three of the following:
- How many sperm (sperm count)
- Amount of semen (volume)
- The quality of those sperm (shape and movement)
But home sperm tests will only tell you if the sperm count is in the “normal” range (above 20 million sperm per milliliter). They do not give any specific numbers of how many sperm are actually present. And they tell you nothing about the volume of semen and quality of the sperm.
Doing a home sperm test:
- The kit is simple to use, and you will have results in minutes
- A positive test result means you have cheap jerseys more than 20 million sperm per milliliter of semen
- A negative test result means you have less than 20 million sperm and a low sperm count
- This test can be done in the privacy of your own home, you can avoid possible embarrassment, and you do not have to rush the sample off to a lab
However, you need to understand the limitations of such a test.
- First, always do the test at least 3 times, on 3 different days. Semen samples vary from day to day. Do not assume you have a problem after just one test.
- If the test is negative all three times, you should cheap nfl jerseys be highly suspicious that you may have a fertility problem. You definitely need to see your doctor for a more thorough evaluation.
- If the test is positive all three times, you probably do not have a low sperm count. However, you do not know if the shape and movement of your sperm are normal. You also do not know if the amount of semen you produce is normal. These can also cause male infertility.
The bottom line is that men should go to their doctor and have a thorough evaluation done. But in the meantime, you can use this simple test to collect some information. Then use the results to help get you motivated.
When should you be concerned? If either partner is over 35 years of age and you have been trying to conceive for over 6 months, take action now. If you are under 35 and have not gotten pregnant in a year, it is time to be more proactive. Make sure you understand what a normal menstrual cycle is, when you are fertile, wholesale jerseys and jordan sale how to optimize your health to improve your chances of conceiving.